Maldives Hotels and Information Guide

Maldives Travel and Tourist Information

Given that 99.9 per cent of the Maldives is underwater, it's easy to see why this is a diver's Valhalla. And given that many of the islets making up the remaining 0.1 per cent of the country are dotted with deliciously enticing resorts, it's easy to see why thousands flock here every year, perhaps for the vacation of a lifetime, perhaps to a much loved, tried-and-tested bolthole beneath the tropical sun.

Southwest of Sri Lanka, and strung across the Indian Ocean like a string of pearls, the Maldives' 26 atolls are home to the world's smallest Muslim nation, and is also the flattest country on the planet, with no natural land higher than 2.3 metres above sea level.

Successively colonised by the Portuguese, Dutch and British, the Maldives won independence in 1965. Around a quarter of the 360,000 population lives in the capital, Malé, with the rest scattered aroundthe archipelago. Tourism is the Maldives principal industry, with everything geared to visitors' convenience, from issuing free visas on arrival to ensuring beer is always available in resorts (the rest of the country is "dry").

Very few visitors describe their time in the Maldives as anything less than blissful, a verdict that's as much a result of the beauties of the natural environment as the general ambience that lays no little emphasis on sybaritism. While the Maldives is rather more expensive than some other island destinations, a Rolls-Royce costs more than any another car. As the old saying goes, you pays your money and you takes your choice.


 

RECOMMENDED MALDIVES HOTELS

W Retreat And Spa
North Ari Atoll
W Retreat And Spa
Beach Oasis - B&B
From US$ 996
Book Now!
 
Sheraton Maldives
North Male Atoll
Sheraton Maldives
Beachfront Deluxe - B&B
From US$ 343
Book Now!
 
Beehive Nalahiya Hotel
Male (Capital Island)
Beehive Nalahiya Hotel
Deluxe Room
From US$ 127
Book Now!
All Hotels in Maldives All Hotels in Maldives

All the Maldives resorts are self-contained. Everything needed is brought in from the outside world, and in the vast majority of cases there is nothing on the island apart from the resort. Read More...

 
Maldives Activities

It's common to head a list of activities with a selection of Must Do's. Such is not the case with the Maldives, where visitors are compelled to do nothing more than enjoy themselves. Read More...

Madives Information

High season runs from December to April. Expect resort rates to rise accordingly. Rain and cloudy skies are more likely between May and November. However, August often sees higher prices. Read More...

 
Madives Maps

Our interactive map displays all available hotels with photos, facilities and guest comments as well as attractions, landmarks and other items of interest with links to relevant information pages. Read More...


 

LOCATION :  
HOTEL :  
CHECK IN : CHECK OUT : FOR : NIGHT(S)
IN : Loading...  

Send us your feedback

Help us keep this website up-to-date by sending us your comments and suggestions. If your question is about a hotel please use this link - For TOUR questions and enquiries please use this link


Hotel Quick Finder

City:
Check In:
Check Out:
in:
Loading...
Maldives Hotels Maps Forum
in
in Loading... out